Back-Lash Fishing

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Back-Lash Fishing
Back-Lash Fishing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big Rock Lawsuits Start !!!

3 posters

Go down

Big Rock Lawsuits Start !!! Empty Big Rock Lawsuits Start !!!

Post  Back-Lash Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:15 pm

Just who won this year's Big Rock Blue Marlin Tournament appears to be heading to a courtroom.

Both the tournament and this year's disqualified winner have filed legal action in two different counties.

The tournament wants a superior court judge to confirm their disqualification of "Citation" as this year's winner. Crystal Coast Tournament, Inc. filed legal action in Carteret County Superior Court asking for a declaratory judgment to confirm their naming "Carnivore" as the winner.

"Citation" was disqualified after it was learned a crewmember on the boat did not have a state fishing license. At stake was nearly $1 million in prize money.

The tournament says their lawsuit was necessary because the owners of "Citation" filed suit in Dare County. In that suit the owners seek to have the tournament declare "Citation" as the winner.

No date has been set for a hearing on the court motions.
Back-Lash
Back-Lash
Admin

http://backlashfishing.yolasite.com/

Back to top Go down

Big Rock Lawsuits Start !!! Empty Re: Big Rock Lawsuits Start !!!

Post  June Bug Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:30 pm

I have been waiting for that to happen. I have mixed feelings but a rule is a rule no matter how big or small they broke a rule. Just my 2 cents.
June Bug
June Bug

Back to top Go down

Post  weekender Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:57 pm

I wanted to see the biggest fish win, but that's just me. I understand rules and the need to abide by them. But we have fouls in a lot of sports, penalties in others, but few that I am aware of where one minor infraction makes you lose the game.

weekender

Back to top Go down

Post  June Bug Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:31 am

I agree with weekender it is a shame. I think fishing is about the only sport where so little will cost you so much.
June Bug
June Bug

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down